Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Comes Again

Sorry for the long gap in posts but things have been really busy lately.  I have been making some decent progress on Ashes to Ashes and doing a couple small interviews on how I got started as a writer and the way that goals change over time.

As they come out I will be sure to post a link here for those of you that have trouble sleeping.

When I haven't been writing I have been working on the businesses and we recently bought out four domain names in order to ensure our name and brand.  It is always exciting to reach a decision on something like a name because it makes things more "real".  I really think the name of our domain is pretty solid and something Cross Atlantic can build around as we move forward.

I was trying to calculate how much time I spend writing emails for work, the other day.  A couple days back I wrote 138 emails for work related crap.  I have some days where I might respond to 20 so there should be some sort of average I can work out and get a decent picture of how much time I waste responding to email.

That wouldn't even consider the emails I ignore, delete, rifle through with a quick read...

How much time do I spend doing strange crap that really doesn't have anything to do with "living"?

Interesting tidbit:

I recently read via research conducted by lastminute.com that women spend 2.5 years "getting ready" and men take 6 months "getting ready".

Using the toilet:

Women spend about 6 months in there and men about 3 years.  I would say it is a waste of time, all that, but I see the results of the ladies (worth the wait) and I do some of my best thinking "in there".

Perhaps if I answered all my frivolous email while "in there" I could really cut down on life wasted.  Probably not though, it would just end up in replies to my reply and all that would occur is the loss of good thinking time.

Anyway, I hope you all have a nice weekend planned.  My plans to be where I wanted to be and hanging out with who I thought I was hanging out with fell through (unfortunately) so my weekend is wide open.

Time to write...and think...but where to do it?



TTFN Denmonites!

-ND


No comments:

Post a Comment