Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 In Review



The year 2013 is less than twelve hours away from being over (depending on where you live).  As we approach 2014, looking back at the-year-that-was seems appropriate. 

I like to divide the year into two categories.  

There is My 2013 and then there is The World's 2013.

Today I’ll focus on My 2013 and tomorrow I will look at The World's 2013...maybe the day after tomorrow if tonight gets a bit dicey.  

My 2013 was filled with moments of struggle, strife, and chaos. All of that crap can threaten your perspective of a year-under-review if you look at it from the muck of your boot-heel.  But by comparing year over year, the gains are more obvious.

Here are the highlights:

Physical Fitness 

Began 2013 at a high of 182 lbs.  Ended the year at a low of 164 lbs while lifting weights on average 4 days a week and sprinkling in cardio here and there.  

Business

Formed pubshelf from a series of pre-existing marketing and publishing entities with my business partner Tom Humphreys.  We started with one client and through word-of-mouth and being lucky enough to work with extremely talented writers we were able to help dozens of writers achieve more than half a million books sold since March.  

Speaking of books sold, I finally broke more than 100,000 books sold or downloaded  (of my own novels) halfway through 2013. This was possible thanks to a small but amazing fan base that helps me through my days by believing in my work. 

All 25,000 of you that show an interest on Facebook, Twitter, etc - you really do keep me motivated.  

Thank you for that.

Family and Friends

I started the year with one niece and ended it with three nieces and a nephew. 

The year began with my Dad being a single man and ended with him being married to a lovely lady and another sister being added to the family.  She is engaged, so soon I will have another brother as well.

I also caught up with many friends throughout the year, whether that was traveling to the UK a half dozen times on business or going to six different weddings. I thought that would have me in the clear moving into 2014 but three weddings have already popped up for the next year. I guess I will get to use my airline miles.

Which brings me to my next topic...

Travel

Started the year in Florida. Ended the year in Florida.  But in between I went to six states and three countries.

Books Out

Started with two books published and ended with two books published.  This is a real let down, but I thank you for your patience.  I have two books that are nearing completion and my vow is to have both books out by March.  Ashes to Ashes, should wrap up An Upstate New York Mafia Tale, the trilogy, and The Hundred Heartbreaks of Harlan Halifax will show a different side to my abilities as a writer.  Both are moving along quickly and I believe that in March we will have doubled the total from the beginning of 2013.

That's it for my personal updates. The next blog will take a look at The World's 2013.  I won't give too much away but I promise you this... I won't mention Twerking.

No comments:

Post a Comment