Monday, June 30, 2014

3 Niblings, 2 Pools, and 1 Holy Month

What is a nibling you may ask?  According to the wiktionary.com it is:

Noun
nibling (plural niblings)
A nephew or niece, especially in the plural or as a gender-neutral term


I hope everyone has had a nice weekend.  The 4th of July is right around the corner and that means spending time with family and loved ones, pools, beaches, BBQs and fireworks.  It also means that for the Muslim community it is Ramadan and a time to connect with faith, family, and friends as well.  I hope everyone has a safe 4th, and I hope that those celebrating Ramadan have a peaceful holy month. The month also contains my mother's birthday, quite possibly and finally, the completion of my third novel, and the launch of yet another business.

Things are looking busy, but it is a good idea to not forget the really important things in life.  I was able to take some time out this weekend to hang out with my nieces and nephew, whom I don't get to see nearly as much as I like.  To quote Bilbo Baggins, life can often feel thus:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

So when I get to see the people that I want to see and whom I don't get to see as often as I like, I try and take in those opportunities.

My weekend was mostly spent in reflection, sitting in multiple swimming pools, visiting family and friends, and couldn't have been more perfect.

Some of my favorite cast of characters from the weekend:

The nephew and me - we have the same haircut

Niece 1-A: Warming up her bowling fingers like a champ

Niece 1-B and Granddad: Pink bag is a nice touch

Niece 1-C: Even though she is in Spain at the moment, gone but not forgotten

That's it for now!  Hope everyone has a great week.

TTFN Denmonites!

-ND

No comments:

Post a Comment