Wednesday, January 11, 2012

For Nothing film adaptation Interview

As you all know the novel For Nothing is being adapted into a screenplay by Sir Thomas Humphreys of Wales.  The magazine Side B recently interviewed him about his writing style, current works, family life, etc.  His interview contained large portions of dialogue about For Nothing including how we met, his thoughts on the book, the screenplay, etc.

Feel free to give it a read.  It is insightful as far as Thomas' writing process, flattering as far as my work is concerned, and generally pretty entertaining.


                               The Interview with Side B 


“What no wife of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he’s staring out of the window.” - Thomas Humpherys 


LH: Let’s talk about “For Nothing”: How did you get involved in writing the adaptation of Nicholas Denmon’s novel? Were you approached or did you seek it out? Had you read the book before writing it–I’m assuming you eventually read it to in fact adapt it.

TH: Where do I start with Nicholas Denmon? I was introduced to Nick about a year ago through a mutual friend; we connected on that wonderful writer’s tool, Twitter. He was an author, I was a screenwriter, so eventually his book came up in conversation, I was already working on a couple of scripts of my own at the time and in, I think, May of this year I flew out to Florida for just under a month to get away from the distractions of life here and concentrate on rewrites. I find my own company is a lot more bearable in 90 degree heat, sat next to the pool at the house there. [Click for entire interview]

No comments:

Post a Comment