Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Need A Time Machine

Some days are just busier than others.  I sometimes get pulled in so many directions I literally just spin in circles and accomplish nothing.  Other days, I break things down and attack them one at a time and just figure out a way to move things forward.

Fortunately, today I was able to accomplish a lot and my day is just getting started.

Being a corporate stooge by day limits my time to getting things done for my businesses and novels etc to "after hours".  There is often, quite literally, not enough time in a day.

Maybe if I work while running backwards....

What I really need is one of these:


And if I can't get one of those, maybe I can get one of these:


It is almost 5pm.  I think it might be odd that I have already worked a nine hour day and am excited about being able to get to work...for myself.

On the docket tonight:

  • Interview about For Nothing
  • Gym
  • Writing Ashes to Ashes
  • Finalizing a series of contracts for Cross Atlantic
  • Taxes with my accountant for D-Rated Novelists
  • Eating at some point
  • Sleep
It really is true, it doesn't feel like work when it is for yourself.  So if it doesn't feel like work, what is it? Dreaming perhaps.  But without dreams and dreams we strive to make our reality, what are we? 

Drones that just get by? 

Are goals the same thing as dreams?
 
I spoke to someone very important to me recently about dreams.  My conclusion based on that conversation was that being a dreamer for dreaming's sake, and not acting on those dreams, was bad. 

You can probably get lost in the fog of your own dreams and sit there, glancing at the shadows of where you wish you could be.
 
But if you use dreams to motivate you, or to propel you towards a better future, if you make those dreams a goal, well then that is when you can call me a dreamer.
 
And so I end with the immortal words of John Lennon:
 
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
 


TTFN Denmonites!

-ND

No comments:

Post a Comment