Monday, February 11, 2013

Ashes to Ashes Update

I am about to take the old knees out for a run in the evening air.  Usually, on my run, I can smell the salt water coming in on the breeze.  It rejuvenates me when I get tired, thinking about the waves just beyond the horizon over a small copse of trees that line the boardwalk.  Beneath the wooden walkway are tiny mounds of sand looking like brown, grainy, frozen waves in their own right; waves with shell and footprints and the rubble of ill-fated sand castles carefully laid by the most practiced of tiny hands.

The coastal air, the images it gives me, remind me that sometimes you can dream with eyes wide open.

Life, as much as it can beat you down, can also be inspirational.

When I am done, I know that I will be ready to rock and roll with Ashes to Ashes.  The novel is starting to come together and I find myself excited to sit down and write each night.  Our familiar characters are back at it - immersed in the politics of the underworld and surrounded by death at every turn.

Some are seeking it, others are hoping to avoid it.

Listening to tonight as I run and write:

  • The Lumineers 
  • Imagine Dragons
  • Vicci Martinez
  • Of Monster and Men
  • Mumford and Sons
  • Tom Petty
  • Muse
  • Death Cab for a Cutie
  • Jack White
Have a great night!

TTFN Denmonites!


-ND

No comments:

Post a Comment