Monday, March 14, 2011

Food, drinks, and an angry wife

This weekend was great.  I got a lot accomplished.  Over 6000 words of my second novel were completed and I also made time to catch up with some friends.  One set of friends is moving out to California for new job opportunities and are a couple of the political hold over friends I have from the Obama campaign and the Alex Sink for Governor Campaign. I am excited to see them embark on a new opportunity, and am happy that I was able to help in some small way by providing references. 
They made me the world’s largest T-bone steak and got me half drunk on cheap wine as a way of saying thank you.  If I had known there was steak involved I would have embellished more in my praise for them.  We stumbled our way to a local bar after being stood up by my brother who was supposed to collect some free furniture from my departing friends.  He never showed up and we ran into him at the bar. Small world. Originally I was not pleased, but it was nice to have a few drinks with my brother, my friends who are leaving, and an old college pal who was hanging with my little brother.
I ended up getting home at 4:30am, a very rare thing for me, and woke Jen up.  She had work at 7:30am and also was not pleased. She forgave me though, and when she got home I took her out to dinner as way of an apology.  

I had her at Teppanyaki.   
A couple of Japanese jokes and some shrimp tails in a chef hat later and I was right as rain.
Just to make sure though, I took her to brunch with our friends Tre, Min, and Viet.  It was a good time filled with moments of friendly ribbing and me being told on for my careless 4:30am whisper in the dark.  Tre bailed me out when he admitted to waking Min up the night before, after an evening of drinking, for a “dead car battery”. 
Sure.  I believe you. No, really, I do.  But thanks for taking the spot light off of me. Seriously.
Probably not important, but the car battery was checked out the next day and deemed to be in perfect condition.
I would be remiss if I did not say a little something about the earthquake and subsequent tsunami that rocked and flooded Japan.  My heart and thoughts go out to those affected and I hope for a speedy recovery.
To help:
Donate to Japan:
Red Cross: Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 from your phone. This will donate to the general Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, so if you want to ensure that it goes to Japan you'll have to donate from their Web site.
Salvation Army: To contribute to earthquake relief, text 'JAPAN' or 'QUAKE' to 80888 to make a $10 donation or visit SalvationArmyUSA.org.
Convoy of Hope: A non-profit for disaster relief efforts. You can donate either online or via text message by texting TSUNAMI to 50555.

No comments:

Post a Comment