Friday, December 21, 2012

Last day of work and Christmas!

Today is the last day of work before Christmas, so fortunately I have a large block of time off.  I am very excited about the opportunity to hang out with several friends I have not seen in a while, as they trek home to pay homage to the two people that made them.

Also exciting is the opportunity to see most of my family again before the events of the New Year swallow us whole and more than likely make spending time with each other a bit more difficult. Busy lives in different locations can sometimes make the time spent with loved ones a bit more important, especially during the holiday season.  It will be nice to share gifts, a bit of spiked eggnog, and general happiness with the people who made me and the rest of the gang that somehow showed up when we lifted the rocks in the garden.

If you look closely you can see the family portrait of my siblings ;)

Many times at this point in the year, as mentioned, people take trips to see loved ones.  I just got back from my trip overseas to see my loved ones there, and am looking forward to seeing my domestic and longer-tenured loved ones. We have a tradition of each year watching the movie Die Hard, and I can't wait to continue with that epic institution (a result of my Dad being divorced and having four sons).

My extended Welsh and Spanish family.  
Looks like a sweet album cover - starring my finger doesn't it?

Anyway, I will keep everyone posted on the progress of the book giveaway and the All Children's Hospital event as we continue to receive donations.  Remember, you have until the 23rd to climb on board the giving train.

Days till Christmas!

TTFN Denmonites!

-ND

No comments:

Post a Comment