Monday, January 14, 2013

Ah life...

Things move fast in life sometimes.  One second you are sitting dormant looking for a direction, the next a whirlwind of activity sweeps you up and spins you in circles as you float helplessly towards the epicenter of highest activity and hope to survive the storm.

For months my partners and I have lobbied investors, searched for web developers, researched the competition, and essentially felt like we were stuck in mud.  We were people with a good idea and no real means to pull it off.

Then on Friday we met with the investors and the next thing you know we have our company officially filed with the state. We are setting up bank accounts.  We are filling the bank accounts with cash to distribute to the web developers. Contracts are flying back and forth, terms of conditions, expectations, everything moving all at once.

The excitement is palpable.

Then on top of all this activity, my brother called me on Sunday and we talked about the fact that he is about to be a father next month to a little girl.  My baby bro is having a baby.  Then a few months later my other brother is having a baby girl too. There is just so much change.  Change for the better, thank God, but change nonetheless.

I mean change is my ultimate goal anyway. Just like my brother's perspective women, in order to get that change you have to PUSH. There no secret of my plan to move.  So we put those wheels in motion.  Now we are also moving in the business sense. Some people are content with their 9-5 job.  Making ends meet and living life.  There is nothing wrong with that way of life, I'm just not that guy. I've got a need to reach for the next rung.  I've got a need...a need for speed. Now that the business is rolling, I can feel the wind in my hair and my heartbeat reaching 100 bps. I'm trying not to be reckless as we take the corners at 120 mph but sometimes its those tough corners and living near the edge that helps you remember what it was like to live...and not be stuck in the mud.



“This is the fast lane, folks...and some of us like it here.” - Hunter S. Thompson

TTFN Denmonites!

-ND

No comments:

Post a Comment