Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013

I hope everyone had a wonderful NYE and they were able to usher out the old year with a bang. I had a great time hanging out with several groups of people who were kind enough to invite me to their celebrations.  The night started with a low-key dinner with my brother and his family where we discussed everything from politics, to moving to England, to my business and his business and then drank a bottle of wine between us.

Wet (Whet?) the whistle
After that bottle of wine I had a delicious Filet Mignon topped with a Gorgonzola butter sauce.

 Delicious
From there it was a house party with more food and drink.

According to rumor there was also pizza and cookies and monkey bread

Eventually they got me to wear a hat, before the wheels really fell off on the night's festivities and I retired for about two hours near a lovely fire pit to text important people in my life that I was wishing I could have around me as the ball dropped. 
The hat and a tasty adult beverage
Then after a flurry of phone calls at midnight to wish in the New Year with blessings etc, things started to move fast and the night degenerated into a haze of shots and jubilation. We were all thankful that no apocalypse took us and we were able to see the ball drop once more.

It all went well and I woke up happy to have this amazing breakfast ready for me to begin the rehabilitation process:
Powdered sugar, butter, and syrup: Just what the doctor ordered

I hope everyone had a great night and an easy recovery today.  I am excited about 2013.  I have a feeling that 2013 will see many massive changes that have implications for many many many years to come.

TTFN Denmonites!

-ND

No comments:

Post a Comment