For me, the personal preference is women so I started to think about what I look for in these 'get out of jail free' lists.
At the end of it, I could only say it was down to pure gut instinct. If there was one theme I seemed to go for, it was the perfectly imperfect woman and the 'girl next door' look.
So here is the list I came up with:
5) Natalie Portman I am not too keen on the Portman from Star Wars, Black Swan, or even V for Vendetta. But Garden State Natalie has that cute next door look I was talking about. She embraces her inner dork in this movie, and I really appreciate people who can pull that off.
4) Keira Knightly It can be hit or miss with this one. Sometimes I think she is too skinny but she sort of has a mix of that girl next door look and she has classic brown eyes and the English accent doesn't hurt either. Really liked her in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the first one the most, and then quite a bit in Love Actually.
At this point people were throwing out names like Jessica Alba, Megan Fox and Kim Kardashian but they really never were my type. I mean, yes, pretty but not my style I suppose.
3) Scarlett Johansson Talk about controversial. I was pretty much coming up with my list off the cuff, but when I threw this name out it was a split room. It seems people either love her or hate her. I can't see what is wrong with her. She has beautiful eyes. She isn't a super skinny woman, which I like. I am not into the starvation look that some actresses get into; it's why Keira Knightly and Natalie Portman fell down the list. She made my list, and I won't be taking her off. Sorry you rum-drunk fools.
2) Eva Mendez Another one that isn't 100% on everyone's list because she has flaws. The number one complaint was against her teeth. Apparently she has an overbite. Big teeth and big bum. Big deal, she isn't perfect. Again, I find that to be part of the charm of someone. Looking like a real person and not just a magazine cover goes a long way with me, whether it is an odd freckle on the rump or some other imperfection that makes you more perfect to me, the average Joe.
1) Number one on my list is a bit of a combination of the things I mentioned above. She is a nerd, has beautiful eyes, definitely the girl next door type. I got crucified for the choice, but I don't care. She tops my list and it isn't all that close really.
I guess at the end of the day, I'd rather a real woman versus some celebrity. If my list told me anything, the closer to imperfect you are, the more I will probably like you. Hell, I am FAR from perfect but let us be honest, perfect is boring. So as I go about my travels this weekend, I'll be happy in the knowledge that though I make mistakes (and God made others in my general looks), those mistakes are hopefully appreciated by those around me as the beginning of my potential for growth and even more hopefully, endearing characteristics.
So lift a glass to a hopefully imperfect 2013!