Friday, April 8, 2011

Keeping busy, book cover, trilogy, guest blog, and #BNFF

This weekend should be fun.  I have a wedding to go to and that is always a blast.  I never remember what happens at weddings, just whether or not I got drunk.  Sometimes I remember the venue.  Generally though, it is a good time and I am looking forward to seeing some good friends of the family take the leap.

I have been writing up a storm lately.  That's encouraging, but I am withholding judgement on the quality of the writing until I go back and look at it with a clear mind and have the rest of the story out of my head and onto the screen.  I find myself wanting to stray from my outline, as ideas crop up, and I wonder whether or not that will be detrimental in the long run.  We shall see.

Word count = 27,500.

That would have me at a bit more than a third of the way through book one of this trilogy.  I guess I have to have a working title for it so people will know what I am talking about and for now I will go with The In-Between.

Exciting news as well, I will be doing my first guest blog with my pal Nicole Ireland sometime this week. You can check out her blog here.  She has a list of sample works on her page and is really doing everything right on her blog.  She has live blogged Season 7 of American Idol, worked for Mahalo.com, and has covered celebrity news in the past. So this should be fun and I am looking forward to it.

So, despite the guest blog, working on For Nothing's cover, and getting into the In-Between, there is rumor of me and a few of my #BNFF putting together a website and Facebook networking apparatus.  

Who is the #BNFF? 

Only the BEST group in the world; Best Nerd Friends Forever.  

Membership that I know of includes:

@ChristinMowery    http://www.ChristinMowery.com
@MarniMann           http://marnismann.com/

And according to rumor:
@authorthomasamo  http://tinyurl.com/4xlhb8v

So, needless to say, I am keeping busy.  But I love that people actually read this blog.  I am having a good time networking and hearing tales from writers across the ol' blogosphere; so don't be shy in those comments!  Have a good weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. no Rumor my friend I am an honorary #BNFF bestowed upon my by the lovely Christin! She rocks!
    Welcome to the world of nerds! Have fun at that wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so #Nerdtastic, it's frightening...and envy-inducing. I know there are many people who are dying to get into our exclusive, invite-only #BNFF club, but we set the bar high. We only allow the upper-echelon of nerds in...the ones who are the super-cool, popular nerds. It's hard to obtain this status of nerd-stardom, but we have all reached this level of greatness. LOL. #BNFF rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are "Kafe Castro's" ideal boyfriend....of the moment! You are busy, but not too busy to get drunk at weddings, and to be part the #BNFF group?! *AAHHH angels sing* She loves her some nerds! So even if you only are dear to her till the next quirky guy comes along (perhaps the "Cristal Pimp?") know that you are admired, at least temporarily...
    Good luck with all you are doing. Sounds like you are going to go places my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you come up with for answers. I'm sure they'll be great.

    ReplyDelete