Monday, November 26, 2012

Peter Griffin beard better than mine? Thanksgiving Recap 2012

I had Thanksgiving at my Dad's house this year. It was a wonderful meal prepared by his fiance. She made a turkey that looked like something from a movie and there were enough side-dishes to feed an army. About 15 of us gathered to eat turkey, cornbread casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce (blah), mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, raspberry pie, warm rolls with butter, Hershey Kiss peanut butter cookies, among more things I can't remember.

 Here is the spread:

18 pound turkey

Loads of food and family

What a fantastic Thanksgiving.  It really reminded me what I had to be grateful for this year and generally.  Speaking of which, it is a blessing and a curse that my family read my blog posts.  I wrote that I hate when they go around and make us state what we are thankful for, and so of course my Dad asks me to "lead us in what we are grateful for this year."  Then when I am done, he says, "Okay, great!  Now let's eat!"  

Thanks Dad.

Beard update:

My beard is really taking on a life of it's own at this point.  Birds are nesting in there like in family guy.

Here is Peter Griffin:


And here is me complete with the annual use of my glasses and a sweet Argyle sweater.  I should have worn my old-man Argyle socks too.  You know, the only thing that would make this sweater better would be elbow patches and a pipe.

Me:


Only a 5 days till I can shave it down! Boom!

2 comments:

  1. It could have very well been me writing this post... minus the bit about the out-of-control beard... and old-man Argyle socks. ;) The Thanksgiving smorgasbord too closely resembled my own family's, and I love it. And the annual use of the glasses is definitely worth documenting ~ I've been guilty of this myself. But coupled with a fancy sweater, they sure do make one look smart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious-looking meal and nice pic of you. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete