Thursday, November 15, 2012

Top 5 Party Songs Past and Present

I was watching some video from the weekend and was thinking back to the party songs that dominated my formative years versus the songs we party to now. With some help from my cubicle-roomie-life-mate Ryan, we pulled together a top 5 list both past and present.

In regards to the top song on each list; I have included a video for your viewing pleasure.

Top 5 Party Songs from My Past

5. Hypnotize by Notorious BIG
4. This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordon
3. Mo Money Mo Problems by Notorious Big, Mase, Puff Daddy (BIG is in 2 songs on this list. Influential.)
2. Hip Hip Hooray by Naughty by Nature


1. Regulate by Nate Dogg and Warren G



Top 5 Party Songs from The Present

5. I Cry by Flo Rida
4. Gangnam Style by Psy (Damn it.)
3. Don't Wake Me Up by Chris Brown
2. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen (What? Shut up - my list my rules)

Honorable Mention Video for Carly:


and now for number 1...

1. Drive-By by Train


That's my list! Further proving that my party music tastes are only as relevant as the music I heard at my latest gathering.

1 comment: